Trailing back through the past week, I have been working on this work whenever I get a chance. Today I was able to finish it! And went for a drive to find a good spot for a mini photo shoot.
I’ve tried some new materials, contemplating what the spacing between the shapes needs to be, etc. This is foam core, muslin and enamel paint, so a fairly lightweight object. When I make another, I would like to try still other materials. Perhaps some Masonite or some kind of wood/wood product which would offer more weight and therefore different properties. Also, I need to consider another fabric other than muslin to work as backing, as muslin is a very coarsely woven fabric which warps and stretches on the diagonal and this, I have learned, is not ideal for this work.
I am so pleased with how the paint takes to the foam core. It has a beautiful gloss to it and reminds me of a new car. The addition of the grey adds another element of depth to the space it occupies. It’s also another link to the Nebulous paintings the work is based on.
Now it just needs a name…