In an effort to keep art supplies from putting me in the poor house last week, I decided to reuse some canvases as part of a large work which fits tightly together on the wall. I wanted to show the folded fragments with the painting itself fragmented by the canvases its painted on. Here are the WIP photos…
I started with a pink underpainting – I don’t know what possessed me!
So that was soon changed. It pops much more now.
The sides of one reused canvas had a bright green edge.
It really activated the colour colours in the work, so I repainted all sides the same bright green.
And here we are at it’s current stage. More layers are needed I think, but I must remember to be careful not to darken it too much with my adding of layers. Perhaps I’ll have a crack at adding luminous bright yellows etc to brighten it a little, instead of just adding darks.